Monday 27 December 2004

Drunk again!!!

Those of you that dont have the Live Aid dvd i urge you to go out and get it, not only to help the dying people in Africa, but to realise just what a fucking seriously great group Queen were. The stole the show big time. In contrast, The Who ( who I love ) sucked donkey bollocks big time. They were very under rehearsed and it showed. You could see that Pete Townshend didnt want to be there.

I remember on Live Aid day that I was 13, and i was at a school fete. I watched the opening hour or so, then went up the school. I ran home about 5.30 to watch Queen's set. I was sat on our sofa with my Mum, just so in awe of what I was watching on the tv. They were so powerfull as a band. I will never forget that day as long as I live. Along with the day that i was at Queen's last ever concert with Freddie Mercury at Knebworth park.

Its funny how some things make a lasting impression on you..I remember it like it was yesterday and it was 19 years ago!!!

All together now...

Weeee are the champions... my friends!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Husband bought me the Live Aid DVD for Crimbo !!

Can't wait to watch it !

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife