Tuesday 25 October 2005

Well Impressed

I'm well happy today!! It might only be a small thing, but I learn how to play Us and Them and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd on the guitar today. I can play the solo's and everything. Well impressed!! I'm thinking of taking up another instrument. I can play drums, guitar and bass guitar now, so I want to challenge myself a bit more and learn somthing harder. The mandolin is still proving hard, but that has been down to some wanker ( ME!! ) tuning the thing wrong so nothing would sound right on it...ho hum!!. I'm think of taking up the double bass or the cello. I dont know why, but I think they would be really cool to learn.

NJLB has finally given a heads up as to what this whole VIVI thing is all about. I really did have no idea at all, but it is good to see new people reading my thoughts.

Next week, Lee is coming to the H.I.V meeting with me. Our councillor is now frightened as when Lee and me get together we cant keep our mouth's shut, but we have been told that it is our group and we should say what we feel. Its going to be along meeting if we get going, as there are some issues that we have with the way we are getting treated.

I.E. On paper, because I had P.C.P, that technically means that I have AIDS ( as it still does in America ) but this is all working from the methods of 10 years ago when the medicine's were not as good as they are now, so if you got P.C.P they could not treat you and you would die. Now the thing is, my viral load is now undetectable so health wise im just H.I.V. positive, but still on paper an AIDS case. Its confusing and it caused me to have a bit of a strop at my doctor. The way they describe the condition should be upto date to go along with current medicines and practices and not those of ten years ago!!...and another thing that piss's me off....its people saying that I'm suffering from H.I.V....im not suffering..I'm living with it and I'm probably more healthy now than I have been since I was 18!!

Ok..I do get little ache's and pain in my joints, but an asprin a day sorts that out, so its nothing to really worry about. I can still do everything that any body else does, and I've got a great network of family and close freinds that know about my illness and could'nt give a flying fuck about it. Its rarely discussed unless I bring it up and they just let me get on with things.

Another thing that gets me ( I'm on a roll here, bear with me ) its the way that people are still ignorant about it and believe it cant happen to them. Straight people are the worst for this. In my country ( England ) there are now more straight people with it than gay men. There has been a huge rise in one night stands with the teeneagers and they are not using protection. They just think a dose of the clap or crabs will be the worst that will happen. The government are not doing enough ( in MY oppinion ) to get the message out that this is a real problem at the moment with the kids, and the figures are only going to go up.

This also go for gay men that are still having unprotected sex with they're partners..one of these people reads my journal sometimes..YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Its a shitty disease and it should be taken seriously...nobody thinks it can or will happen to them..and speaking from experiance.....IT CAN!!!!

Rant over

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do so many people feel they can't get it anymore..just because it's nto widely publicized anymore does not mean by anymenas that a cure has been found nor doe sit mean it aint still out there..SO WRAP IT UP BEFORE U LOVE IT UP!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you that I admire you?  I do.  Just thought that it was one of those things that bared mention.

Anonymous said...

Very nice journal you have here, you got my vote.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with everything you said.  Not nearly enough is done to bring awareness.  We see it for every other disease but not HIV and Aids and the kids of today are so ignorant about it.........sorry I seem to be going off on one!!  Well done for learning to play those songs :-)

Anonymous said...

You tell em Stew !

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife