Tuesday 5 December 2006

Rough crossings

Craig, Bridget and me went on a little sorte over to France on the ferry on Saturday, and the crossing was fucking rough!! Big waves, and I thought I was going to honk up at one point, but thankfully I didn't. We went to the City de Europe and hit duty free shopping with a vengence. I brought home a load of beer and wine for christmas, at a fraction of the price we pay for it over here...Taxed to death we are!!

On Sunday I went for a drive to London with Antony, and we had a loverly Sunday roast in a bar overlooking the Thames and St Pauls Cathedral. It was great apart from some fucking drunk camp queen that liked the sound of his own voice. He was making my shit itch, and I kept throwing the tables funny looks, bad of me I know, but it didn't distract from the good time I had, and loverly meal.

Its been pissing down for the last couple of days, and windy today. It makes working outside so much fun! I've got next week off holiday, mainly for my birthday (its on Wednesday!!) and just to have a little rest. Its Janes borthday on Saturday so we are going out to watch a rock band in her local pub. I'm looking forward to it...should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh I wouldn't wanna have been on a ferry during that wind.  I also don't envy you working outside in this weather but it's been nice sunshine down this part today lol...........hope you have a good time at the pub on Saturday xx

Jen

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife