Sunday 24 December 2006

Christmas Eve

I'm feeling particulaly festive this year for some reason. I think its because I've actually got some proper time off as opposed to the ( think yourself gratefull! ) 2 days that we used to get a Safeways. It was good aswell this year not to be in the retail buisness and have to work like a trooper for the whole of December. Saying that, I've have taken a huge amount of stuff out this week, with one place having 81 box's, which is a lot when the average is about 5 per school, so I've done my graft this week.

Friday night we had our christmas party at a hotel in Maidstone. It was a great night out, but I was a little apprehensive first off and I really dont know why, thats very unlike me. The meal was loverly, but I have to say that it wasn't enough for me, I could have eaten it all again. Now I know that makes me sound like a fat bloater but I can assure you that I'm still under 12 stone and in a size 32 trouser witha belt thank you very much!!!  I got pleasently drunk, but was in total control of what I was doing and remember everything, which is suprising concidering how much brandy I had drunk. The funniest part was the last slow dance when it started with me dancing with Jane and Julia dancing with Gavin, then Gavin and me swapped partners, then we swapped again mid song so Julia and Jane were slow dancing together and so were Gavin and Me!!  I'm sure everyone else at work think that there is some strange bi sexual swapping going on..it was well worth the looks on they're faces and it will keep the gossip machine going for a few months.

I finished off all my christmas shopping yesterday with the hangover from hell no helping one bit. It was a bastard nightmare and I gave up in the end and came home. I got Antony something, but I was going to get some little bits for his neice and nephew, and i really didn't have a clue, so I just cuddled up with the dogs in front of the fire wit the dogs and watched The Muppet Christmas Carol..great film.

Today I've got to go and see my Dad, which is something I always love doing ( NOT! ) and I'm going to pop and see my Nan and Craig and Bridget. I'm not going to drink today either, as I dont want to feel ill tomorrow and ruin my dinner, which I have to cook. All the family are going to my sister's so it will be a good family day...I'm really looking forward to it.

I doubt I will post tomorrow so I will do this now. 

I hope you all have a really good and peacefull christmas and that Santa comes and empties his sack for you!!!

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a ggreat xmas aswell stewart it always great to read your journal


#scot

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Gab