Friday 13 January 2006

A Sad Day

Its been a very sad day today. A lot of my very close friends at work went on the first wave of redundancy's. It was so hard saying goodbye to so many people that I have spent nearly every day with for the last ten years. I'm going to really miss them, and I had a tear in my eye as I said goodbye to them. Rob was choaked up to, and he's a big strong lad, but we could barely talk to one another when he went. Its so sad, but life goes on. Ive got another week then I go. Its going to be awfully sad next week.

On a better note, I passed the first part of my interview, and I have my driving assesment next Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to it really, I think I'm going to like my new job if I get it. New year and a new change in life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the way to look at it..New Year, New You.   It is so sad when you have to leave people you have grown very close to and have seen almost everyday.  Good Luck on the driving part..don't go thru any ponds.

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late to say good luck with the driving assessment but well done for passing the first bit - hey I'll say it anyway good luck with everything :-)  I can understand that it was tough to say goodbye to people, I had that when I was made redundant and I still think about some of them and the fun we had, when we should've been working LOL ;-)