Friday 20 January 2006

End of an era

Today was my last day at work. I've just got home and I've just had a good cry to myself. It was so sad leaving Craig and all my other shift mates, who I've been with for the last 10 years. Its strange to think that all I've known work wise has gone and I've got to start again. We started clering the place out over the last couple of weeks.We are down to 5000 pallets left in the raking, thats down from the 14,000 that we had at the start of last week. It's horrible to see it that empty and in  some ways I'm quite glad that I didn't decide to stay on and help clear the place right out. Its over.

Onto new things. I fucked up. My driving assesment is tomorrow and not last Saturday as I thought it was. Hopefully I will be ok and get it. My mate Ian did and he starts on the 30th. That would be good for me as I get to have a week off before that starts.

Craig and me are going to play golf on Monday after he finish's ( he's staying on ) and I'm going to see Chas and Dave ( My American friends, Dont worry about who they are, they are a South London band ) on Wednesday night at Jumping Jacks. Its going to be such a laugh!! I might even hav a beer or ten!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know who r Chas and Dave?  And I want to know NOW!!! Is thatgood or what,hehehe..good luck on your test tomorrow. Love Ya' Buddy!!! And Hell No it is not NJLB..HAHAHA!!!

Anonymous said...

chas n dave LOL!!  I'm sorry to hear about leaving your work mates behind - it sucks big time when that happens :-( Good luck with the driving thingy though :-)