Tuesday 23 May 2006

Good and Bad

Yesterday morning I went to the hospital to have a check up and make sure everything is cool. I got my results from the last set of test that I had back in February. My viral load is under 50 counts still, which is really really good. Its been stable like that for a while which I'm really happy about. My CD4 count ( which is my immune system ) has gone from 92 up to 174. Its not been that high before and the doctor was really happy with that. Its still not as good as it could be, but its a vast improvement.

The only bad part is that the creotine level ( which is something to do with my liver ) is going up quite quickly. This is bad, as it means my liver is starting to deterioate and could get damaged. This is mainly down to the tablets, and of course could be down to drinking to much. The doctor has taken some more bloods, and if the levels have gone up again, then he is going to change my tablets, just to see if it will make a difference. Its a bit worrying, but it can be over come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it can my buddy!!! Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Glad that the counts aren't too bad but that doesn't sound good regarding your liver :-(  Hope it'll be ok xx