Sunday 17 June 2007

Ernest Angley

I was flicking through the telly channels this morning when I came across a preacher called Ernest Angley. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in my life. He was claiming to heal people live on the stage, and they were lapping it up like you wouldn't believe. It stuck me as an odd culture thing between our countries. We just go to church and do quiet praying, and the Americans get right into it, but I really could'nt believe what I was seeing, they were all crying and screaming, and he was lapping it up like he was god himself.

I didn't bye into it at all..am I just being cynical?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have watched the hour of power on Sky one early Sunday mornings. Some young girl had survived Cancer and he would'nt stop hugging and kissing her. I thought he was a right perv!
Gaz

Anonymous said...

You are surely not cynical at all..I have watched some of these sermons on the tv here in America and let me tell you it is a downright shame and very disturbing that people are so sucked in to some of these phonies!!!

Anonymous said...

am with you on that one matey

Anonymous said...

The Borat movie gives a fine example of American churchgoers.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard