Tuesday 8 August 2006

Things In Perspective

I saw something today that had quite a profound effect on me. It certainly put a lot of stuff in perspective. I was driving round the shittiest motorway in England ( M25 ) and a lorry rammed a car from behind and pushed it into the central resevation.The car then caught fire and burned very quickly, which in turn set the truck on fire. We saw the truck driver jump from his cab and run away, but it wasn't for a little while that we noticed that we never saw anybody get out of the car. I saw on the news when I got home, that a Mum a dad they're two little children had burned to death in the car. 

It was really shocking and certainly gave me a kick up the arsehole. I realise how lucky I am to just be alive and walking about. We sat for 2 hours whilst the emergency service's attented to the scene. They opened a little emergency gate on the side of the motorway and slowly let some cars and smaller vans of the motorway to carry on our journeys. It only opened up 7 hours after the crash. I was lucky, I was able to get off the motorway, I wasn't a few vehicals in front and involved in the crash....I was lucky I came home tonight....someone has lost a lot of they're family tonight...I'm very lucky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God watches out for everyone. and u r loved and always in my heart..and we all should say a little prayer for those lost today.

Anonymous said...

I saw something like that once on the pike in Atlantic City.  It really is scarey.  Glad you're ok though.  Sad about that family.

NJLB