Wednesday 14 March 2007

Kareoke tracks

Is everyone settled? Then I shall begin.

I've been trying some new songs to do on the next kareoke night ( that I SHALL  go to ). Waiting for an Alibi by Thin Lizzy is looking doable for the rock track of the night, but I hit across an unusual choice for me, slow song , great meaningfull lyrics and very soft. Its in a quite high register but I can do it. I'm not saying what it is as it will spoil the suprise for a couple of people, but if I dont get too pissed up before singing it, then it should be good.

I've been trying for weeks to master the guitar solo for Black Rose by Thin Lizzy and I've managed it. It's not perfect but I can get throught it and it sounds good. I learnt it by ear aswell!!

I've finally got my new van at work. Its great, certainly a big difference from that old shitter I've been using the last 7 months. Work is going ok. Things have got better since Natalie has taken over running the back room. Lindsay ( its not my job ) is a little less stressed, but is still the first on hand to try and deflect any on coming shit away from herself and onto...well anyone really.

I had a working site seeing tour of London the Monday. It wasn't intentional but it just as I was driving round. I found Sarm West studio's where Iron Maiden recorded they're last couple of albums, and Queen have recorded in there, the Roundhouse theatre in Camden next to the market, which is an old concert hall. I want to try and find the old Rainbow theatre again so I can get a photo. I've not been past it since the first Monday I started this job, and I cant remember where it was. I know its on the borders of Camden and Finsbury Park though. I seem to find myself around Arsenal's new ground a lot though...fucking hate the team!!  

Lee and me are still going strong I'm pleased to say. We've spent the last couple of weekends in though, just chilling and watching telly. I think this is the first month for ages that I've not run out of money. We both get paid next week so I think we'll be out on the town one night next weekend.

Sermon over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to hear your a wee bit cheerier mate, hope you have a nice time out on the town

scot

Anonymous said...

Kareoke huh??  I can't imagine you doing that lol I bet you have a good laugh though :-)  Sight seeing whilst working you have a great job lol.......Oooo the rainbow theatre ~ yep you must find that and photograph it for us xx  Glad you and Lee are still going strong

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife