Tuesday 15 November 2005

Tribute Bands

I've been a bit sceptical of tribute bands since I saw a band called Magic, who did Queen songs. They were good musically, but they tried to look and act like them and it seemed a bit false. With this in mind, Antony and me went to see a Deep Purple tribute act on Saturday night, and they were brilliant!! They didn't look like them.but they played spot on. First off they did the whole of the In Rock album, with Child in Time on and Speed King. When they came back on for the enchore, they played Burn and Highway Star, which are my two favorite songs. I wasn't sure that Antony would like it, but after a few beers he was headbanging and bopping away like mad. It was such a good night anmd when we left my voice had gone from all the singing, and I was dripping with sweat..great night.

The hangover Sunday wasn't as great though!! I was sick 7 or 8 times in the morning, so I stayed in bed until 4 o'clock. I went to see Antony at work after when I got up and he felt as rough as I did.

Yesterday I went to play golf with Craig. I was crappy this week. I could'nt hit a barn door with the thing. I definatly need more practice.

There is a lad in the news that has had H.I.V. for 3 years, and his body seems to have fort the virus and it has gone. Its quite exciting news, but they are going to have to do lots of test's on him...fingers crossed!!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's certainly interesting about that bloke who had the virus and now doesn't!!  I sincerely hope there's a breakthrough there somewhere!!  Ugh don't talk to me about Magic I can't stand them!!  Glad you had a good night at the deep purple tribute act gig.  Ain't a great night unless you've lost your voice and sometimes your hearing LOL ;-)