Sunday 20 November 2005

Screaming Ears

The gig was amazing!! We got there fairly early and my Mum sat upstairs with little Brad, and I went to the front with Andy. We were right up against the barriers at the front of the stage in front of the P.A. After the first 2 bands, Motorhead came on, and the the P.A. screamed into full force and it was so loud. At one point, it was so loud that my teeth were hurting.

After the gig we made our way home, and I could'nt hear a thing out of my left ear, and only a bit out of my right one. I know that sounds bad but it was brilliant. I've always wanted to get the full experiance of them and now I have. They had some really bad sound problems all night, with amps packing up, and the drummer having a problem with his snare drum, but they kept the spirit up and put on a stunning show.

Yesterday I went out with Lee for the day. We decided to go to the pictures for the day. We went to see the new Harry Potter film, and The Exorcism of Emily rose. Both were great films. In between them, we went for dinner at Frankie and Bennies restaurant. Great food there I love the place.

Today I've been to France and Belgium with Antony, Craig and Bridget. We went over on the ferry and drove up the coast for a while, then came back and went to Eastenders the cheap booze place, and fuck me it was cheap. 24 bottles of Budvar for £9 ( $16 ) The best bargain was 24 cans of Pepsi for £4.99!! ( $2.50 )..what a fucking bargain that is. After we got back we went back to they'rs for some dinner.

I'm back at home now, totally exhausted from my hectic weekend...Thank god I'm off tomorrow aswell!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a Fabulous weekend..so glad you did..Enjoy the week!!!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than coming home deaf after a gig - true sign of a good one ;-)  Glad you had a good time and i'm impressed your mum went to a motorhead gig